Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
limango is the Online Shop for families – We wow our customers every day with a fantastic range of brands at very attractive prices. Based in Munich, our 300 employees share a passion for families. We do everything we can to understand their needs and fulfil their wishes. limango has everything families need: Fashion for Babies, Kids, Women and Men as well as Homeware, Toys, Cosmetics and Family holidays. At limango you’ll find both classic brands and upcoming brands from across Europe. Founded in 2007 and a member of the Otto Group since 2009 limango now has over 22 million members across Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and Poland and sells over 40 000 products daily to German customers alone. We want to continue to grow and win the trust of all mums in Europe. To help us achieve this, we’re looking for motivated, talented individuals to work with us and be a part of something big.
Do you want to make the digital shopping world of tomorrow smarter? Then join us and work together with your colleagues from the BI Team on the further development of our central data warehouse.
- Further development and maintenance of our cloud-based data warehouse (AWS Redshift, Glue, CloudFormation).
- Continuous analysis and performance optimization of the existing ETL processes, always in close exchange with the business analysts
- Implementation and documentation of database processes
- Monitoring of data quality and integrity and ensuring the operation of the data warehouse
- You have successfully completed your studies in economics, (business) mathematics, (business) computer science or a comparable degree
- You bring a lot of experience in the implementation of ETL processes for data transfer into a cloud-based data warehouse, as well as in data modeling (Star Schema)
- You have experience in developing complex SQL queries and working with relational databases
- You have in-depth knowledge of Python and Spark
- Practical experience with cloud services, especially in the AWS environment (S3, Redshift, Glue, CloudformaTion), as well as with Docker, Gitlab CI/CD are an advantage
- Analytical thinking, independent working style, ability to work in a team and sense of responsibility are among your strengths
- With us you will find an open and team-orientated working atmosphere
- Plenty of breathing space for independent work with lots of creative freedom in a dynamic company
- A great office in the tech center of Munich with one of the coolest rooftop terraces around with a panoramic view of the city and the alps, you'll also find a foosball table and cool drinks in the fridge for that well-deserved end of day chill.
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities including language courses, master plan and much more for a steep learning curve
- We subsidise your MVG ticket, your JobRad or your parking space
- We offer you a good balance of home office and working in the office
We look forward to your application!
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including a letter of motivation, references/ certificates, salary expectations and your earliest possible start date.